BRITISH AUSTRALIAN COMMUNITY LITERARY PRIZE
This Award is for an 800 word essay on the theme of “the positive heritage of British culture in Australia.” The prize is $1,000. The closing date each year is the 30th of September.
Please print off this entry form, complete the details required, and sign the declaration below.
TITLE OF ENTRY:
ENTRY FEE enclosed for Cheque ….. Money Order ….. Credit Card …..
AUS $10.00 per entry
CREDIT CARD DETAILS (please circle one):
Visacard / Bankcard / Mastercard
Card number: __________________________________________
Expiry Date: ___________________________________________
ENTRY FEE includes GST
Internet Banking payments can be made to: Westpac BSB 033 127 240635. Please include your full name.
This document will be a tax invoice for GST when you make a payment.
DECLARATION: I have read and understood the Conditions of Entry to the British Australian Community Literary Prize and agree to abide by them. My entry conforms to all the Conditions of the Prize as specified. I have made the appropriate Entry Fee payment.
THE BRITISH AUSTRALIAN COMMUNITY LITERARY PRIZE
P O Box 1044 Ascot Vale Vic 3032
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The British Australian Community Literary Prize is open to all Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
- The Prize will be awarded to an original, unpublished essay not exceeding 800 words, on the theme of the positive heritage of British culture in Australia.
- Entries will not be under offer to any publication, or offered for publication, until the adjudication is finalised and the winner is notified.
- The Prize will normally be awarded to a single winner, but up to three additional entries may be commended. The winner will be notified personally, and announced on the BAC website in early November. The essay will be published on this website and in any other relevant BAC publication.
- Entrants may submit no more than two essays for consideration.
- Each single entry must be accompanied by a non-refundable fee of $10.00 for administration expenses. Personal cheques, bank cheques, postal/money orders should be made payable to the British Australian Community.
- As a copy of the Entry Form can be kept for tax purposes, receipts will not be issued unless requested.
- If sent by post, entries should be typed, one side only, on A4 paper. Entries are assessed in their original submitted versions only. No subsequent editorial amendment or resubmission is permitted.
- Personal details should not appear on any manuscript, to ensure discretion and fair-dealing in the adjudication process. Please supply full details as required on the separate Entry Form.
- Do not submit original manuscripts. Please submit copies only as entries will not be returned.
- The British Australian Community accepts no liability for loss or damage of manuscripts.
- The decision of the BAC’s adjudication panel is final. No subsequent correspondence will be entered into.
- The judging panel does not provide feedback or critical comment on individual entries, except at its discretion.
- The judges reserve the right not to confer the Prize in any given year.
- The value of the Prize will be AUD $1,000, until further notice.
The competition closes on 30th of September each year